IT'S OK TO BE TRIBELESS




If you’re wondering why you don't belong somewhere
or why you’ve failed to be ‘accepted’ somewhere. 

It's because you don’t belong there.
You belong everywhere.
Sometimes not belonging is the best thing that can happen. 
I’m not saying it won’t challenge you 
or hurt.
or make you question yourself, 
your worth,
your lovableness.

The mind will be wondering
‘What did I do wrong?'
'Why aren’t I good enough?’
If the mind gets clever it’ll say
‘you smell of the need to belong, 
that’s why they won’t have you,
you're below them, 
you're misunderstood,
you'll never belong
now you have proof! '
On and on on and on it goes. 

Maybe some kind of anger will come up. 
‘Well, I’ll show them!
I’ll do this, this and this and then they’ll see 
I was worthy of belonging!
I was worth of Love! 
I was better than they/he/she thought!’
I call this 'success revenge!’.
After a childhood of being bullied quite severely
I had it for a very long time. 
That one is sneaky! because people will generally 
encourage a drive for success without questioning what 
wellspring the ambition sprung forth from. 


But here’s another idea. 
When you feel tribeless. 
Try Less.

You are free. 
Free of constraint, 
of separation, 
of identifying with a group, person, situation. 
Free of exclusivity,
of niche, 
of clique,
of comparison. 

To belong nowhere is to belong to everything. 
To be invited to the big tribe of the sky and earth,
of mud and dust and stars
of blood and earth and creature and sound
and wave and wind and sea.
The infinite tribe that has no end of the beginning. 

Think of all the wonderful people who don't belong anywhere too you might meet? 

Beyond the person who needs to belong
is a wild containerless being. 
Come home to your true nature
your natural position
and the search for the tribe will end right there. 
In your heart, you were never gone. 
there was not even one milli-second when you didn’t belong. 

Comments