WHAT HASN'T WORKED





What hasn’t worked for me is not being totally honest with myself
What hasn’t worked for me is people-pleasing or trying to get somewhere....anywhere.
What hasn’t worked for me is trying to outwit life and play the game.
What hasn’t worked for me is holding onto something
 because it might be better than nothing, 
even it’s not helping me grow or feeding me.

What hasn’t worked for me is fear.
Fear of being misunderstood or rejected.
What hasn’t worked for me is listening to everyone else’s opinions and predictions.
What hasn’t worked for me is handing over my power to other human beings.

What hasn’t worked for me is trying to do what people want 
so they will like me, hire me, love me, recognize me or accept me.

What hasn’t worked for me is believing that I need to work hard to be okay, 
to be lovable or even worthy of being here.
What hasn’t worked for me is doubting myself, 
putting myself down or comparing myself to others.
What hasn’t worked for me is blaming other people for my choices,
 my circumstances or my life as it is.
What hasn’t worked for me is waiting to be saved, 
seen or acknowledged before I do those things for myself.

What hasn’t worked for me is trying to get someone I love
 to want to be with/stay with me.
What hasn’t worked for me is writing myself off because I’m not young enough, 
old enough, experienced enough or talented enough to do what I want.
What hasn’t worked for me is accepting abuse when someone told me it was love.
What hasn’t worked for me is attempting to be spiritual, wise, dumb or less than I am.

What hasn’t worked for me is lying to myself or someone else to get what I want.
What hasn't worked for me is trying to change everyone else 
or the things around me to be comfortable or happy.
What hasn't worked for me is not accepting things as they really are or 
loving people as they already are.
What hasn’t worked for me is waiting to be healed of my childhood wounds,
 my imperfections or physical problems to start living my life.
What hasn’t worked for me is waiting until I’m ready.
What hasn’t worked for me is trying to be like someone else.
What hasn’t worked for me 
is trying to be
 someone at all.

x





Comments