THE MYTH OF AWAKENING

Lanjaron Cloudscape - JBY 2017


I didn't wake up.
It was a falling away. 
The untrue couldn't keep hold in my being anymore. 
It fell away and took with it any illusion that I was ever going to get
or be or have more than what had always been here.

I didn't wake up on the floor in the night to an angelic vision,
or in a high state of bliss.
I don't have an 'awakening story',
just a slow and sometimes excruciating dissolving of what is not 'it'.

I know I knelt on the floor of a chapel
and handed the car keys of my life over to God,
because all my tricks and games had failed.

God took all the cards of the poker game of life out of my hand
then destroyed the deck.
She asked me
"What is left?"

All I can know is this...
A mighty fire is still here and burning. 

JBY x 

Comments