SEE HERE







I heard you in the glittering song
of birds that woke to morning Sun.
I heard you in the trains that pass
your feet were naked on the grass.

I saw you in the shaking hand
of a begging man in archway strand.
You lit up in like a broadway show
and glided like the stage was snow.

I saw you as a fighting youth
and knew I could see myself in truth,
in trains and bars and stately homes,
in cardboard, steel and breaking bones.

In war and greed, in love and hope.
In silence, noise, and fire smoke.
In birth and death and saving lives.
In victories and long goodbyes.

In longing, dust and evensong,
in sea tides and in machine guns.
In rays of light that soft appear.
In rain drops as they disappear.

You looked at me from the pavement edge
from the swaying trees and privet hedge.
You told me then it if I kept true,
That all I would ever see
is you.




Comments