BUILD A BONFIRE AND THRIVE




Take each stick
Some are called shame
Some are called guilt
Some are called failure
Some are called pain
These ones are easy to find, they hurt more. They are glowing and apparent. 
Gather these first.

Then look for the other ones hidden behind them.
The twigs of should
The branches of could
The splaying sticks of why?
And why me?
Next, gather these.

Once collected find the next ones.
Tricky,  small and haylike
The broom heads of
I am right
I am wrong
This is good
This is bad
I must be..
I need to be...
I am meant to…
You are meant to..
As long as I do …
Take these too. 

You may notice how they are battered.
From the beatings you’ve been giving yourself with them. 

Take each stick
Take them now
In love 
Surrender and grace
And set fire to each and every one.
Not one at a time, but all together
Get it over with in one infernal blaze.
No exceptions
Save none
Save yourself
From the lie of yourself.  

Observe in the smoulder and ashes
how you carry on living.
Life is living you
Like a wild horse that needs no domestication,
no rider or beating stick to know
when to run,when to walk, when to gallop or rest.
You too were already born with this instinctual way of moving in the world.  
You will experience
In this infinite space
A Knowing without needing to know
You will thrive. 




Comments